Tuesday, July 5, 2011

There's a John Mayer song for that

Nothing hit home harder for me than that.

Let's just say, I've lost focus.  Up until 1 hour ago, I was ready to just throw in the towel and say "Fuck it".  The words of unsupportive people kept echoing in my head.  With so much riding on a dream AND so much work to do, I just didn't think I could do it anymore.  Too overwhelmed for words.

Near tears, head in hand, I sat staring at my computer screen, praying that something...just one thing would come to mind. Something to write, tweet...say that would make me feel like all is not lost.

Frustrated beyond belief at the silence in my head, I got up to take a shower.  I turned up "the Black one" and showered, letting JM play all throughout the house.

Then I remembered this song.  This is my "get it together" anthem.  It brought me back to where I need to be.  I'm not going to give up.

No comments:

Post a Comment