Monday, December 5, 2011

How to defeat Monday

It's Monday...again.

*Deep sigh*

Am I the only one who wakes up on Monday morning wishing we could skip Monday and go straight to Wednesday?  I'm talking "do not pass go; do not collect $200" type of skip it.

Leave no traces of Monday behind.

I don't think I'm the only one.

Good news.  Monday is not invincible.  As much as she tries to be a badass, she can be brought to her knees with a swift kick in the groin (this works on males & females, btw)

Here's how.

Always look for the positive.

I bet you were hoping for something profound and insightful.  Or maybe you were hoping I'd reveal some kickass ninja secrets to beat down this day.  #sorry

Besides, I don't reveal my ninja secrets.  Are you kidding me?

Actually, it is profound.  We often get so caught up in how much Monday is going to suck that we don't notice the good things.

Monday morning traffic in Atlanta usually sets the tone for the rest of the day for me.  I mean seriously, who wrecks their car at 6:30 in the morning and backs up traffic for 20 miles?  But it happens every Monday.

Today was no exception.  As I sat in my car, staring at the bright red brake lights in front of me and tow trucks removing totaled cars from the shoulder, a strange voice I'd never heard before whispered in my head.

"At least that wasn't you."

There it was.  That seemingly unprofound statement that changed the way I look at Mondays.  Sure traffic sucks.  But I didn't wreck my car.  I made it to work on time.  The extra thirty minutes I had to give myself in order to get to work allowed me to see the sunrise over the city of Atlanta.

Look for the positives.

It's Monday.  I have a ton of work to do.  I have edits to make in my book.  There aren't enough hours in this week and my hair is doing this weird frizzy curly thing that it's never done before.  And it took me 20 minutes to decide what black top matched up perfectly with my black pants.

But guess what.

Starbucks didn't mess up my coffee.  I found a missing pair of heels in my trunk. And this tops makes my boobs look awesome.

#positves

1 comment:

  1. Boobs. Always the best accessory. Great post, your highness.

    ReplyDelete