Monday, July 23, 2012

Music Monday - Bob Reynolds

Bob Reynolds - Melody Architect
By most jazz listeners' standards, I am a newbie, especially when I start to mention my favorite jazz artists.

It's okay.  I'm cool with that.  Because jazz is an acquired taste and to really appreciate it, you have to study it.

Bob Reynolds is a super talented jazz saxophonist, composer, and all around good guy that I "discovered" through...guess who...John Mayer.

I first heard Bob on stage with JM during the Continuum era and I thought "hey, this guy is good.  My mom would really like him."  My mother is really into smooth jazz.


Bob Reynolds changed the entire dynamic of John Mayer's Summer 2010 Tour.  Without him, the tour would have been great but Bob made it FAN-Fuckin-Tastic.  My friend even made a sign for Bob that read "Thanks for all the great SAX this summer" and I'm pretty sure my sign read something along the lines of "Bob, will you play at my wedding?".

He hasn't agreed yet.

Anyway...here are some of my fave Bob Reynolds moments in time.  Enjoy.  If you like what you hear, then pick up his album on iTunes and follow him on Twitter and sign up for his newsletter.  He's pretty awesome!

Bob Reynolds and David Ryan Harris - Subterranean Homesick Alien (RadioHead cover)



John Mayer ft Bob Reynolds - Do You Know Me


David Ryan Harris ft Bob Reynolds and Sean Hurley - Yesterday Shutting Down

Stolen from his website: (hope it's okay)

About Bob: 
As a saxophonist, Bob Reynolds has worked with a diverse array of artists in both pop (John Mayer, Michael Buble, Usher, Amos Lee, Jessica Simpson, Willie Nelson, Guy Sebastian) and jazz (Richard Bona, Tom Harrell, Brian Blade, Aaron Goldberg, Reuben Rogers, Eric Harland, Gregory Hutchinson). Reynolds is also an award-winning composer with 4 albums of original material and 4 ASCAP Young Jazz Composer Awards to his credit. He graduated with honors from Berklee College of Music and currently lives in Los Angeles.

No comments:

Post a Comment