Monday, September 17, 2012

Music Monday - The 70s

It's been said that I was born in the wrong decade.  Even my own mother believes I should have been born at least 20 years before I was.

When she goes through my vinyl collection, iTunes library, and/or my cassettes, she laughs and says that my taste in music indicates that I've been here before.

What can I say?  I love 70s music.  There isn't much that I do not listen to on a regular basis.  I spent this weekend listening to Kool & the Gang, Earth, Wind, and Fire, The Bee-Gees, Marvin Gaye, The Ohio Players, Parliment, Rick James, The Gap Band, Rose Royce and others.

70s music makes me smile and dance.  Doesn't it make you do the same?

Funk, jazz, soul, disco...the music definitely defined a decade.

Here are a couple of my faves.



and this is the best!

Marvin Gaye's Got to Give It Up Soul Train performance!!!


For Discussion:  What's your favorite 70s song...the one that never fails to get your hips swingin and a smile on your face?

No comments:

Post a Comment