Monday, September 3, 2012

Music Monday: John Mayer

What?  You thought it wasn't going to happen?

Fooled ya!

I took a break from Mr. Mayer.  I admit, the break only lasted about as long as Chad and Evelyn's marriage but it was a break.  And I don't care if that was a low blow considering why Chad and Evelyn are through but let's be honest here, they didn't last as long as Kim and Chris.

I've said before that my relationship with John Mayer's music is like that guy who you know isn't the one but you still keep going back because you know when it's good, it's really GOOD!

Besides, his music has inspired me in different aspects of my life since 1999.  I cannot turn my back on it because the man behind the music does and says a lot of shit I do not like.

I saw an article on Cracked.com called 5 Rock Stars You Won't Believe Are Musical Geniuses and although I was surprised that Mayer was on the list...I wasn't.  See, many people can't get past "Your Body is a Wonderland or Daughters.  But let me tell you, once you get over "your bubblegum tongue" it's nothing short of magical.

The spirit of legends resides in John Mayer once he straps on a guitar.  From blues to pop to rock, the man is definitely a musical genius.

Click here if you don't believe me.


Aww, you came back for more, huh?  I knew you would.

Let me give you a short lesson about John Mayer.  Ignore most of what he says and does that is not music related and I say most because he does some really great work with NCIRE and Veterans that should not be ignored.  If you focus slowly on the music, you will be a fan for life...because when he's playing, the man can do no wrong.

Check this out.  This is one of my all time favorite songs.  I mean, seriously...how many times have you felt like this in your relationship?


John Mayer - Slow Dancing in a Burning Room (LIVE)


Told ya.

Now that you want to hear more, here are my recommendations:





Battle Studies 2010 Tour - most shows available for listen or download on Archive.org

Live, Dream...Write!
JC

For Discussion: If money was not an option, what artist or band would you see every show on the tour because you knew that each time would be amazing? Leave your answers in the comments section.


1 comment:

  1. Prince,beyonce,jay z, michael jackson, r.kellu, did say michael jackson,prince,michael jacksn,and michael jackson!!

    ReplyDelete